My Journey of Books in 2020

 



2020 has been a reading year for me due to the long quarantine. I have read a bunch of very good books this year. I got introduced with audiobooks and slowly turned it into my walking partner. I ventured into the Graphic Novel genre and loved it.

Here are a few books I loved reading in 2020-

Fiction:
The Ministry of Utmost Happiness/ Arundhati Roy
Beartown/ Fredrik Backman
Us Against You/ Fredrik Backman
A Man Called Ove/ Fredrik Backman
A Burning/ Megha Majumdar

 Historical Fiction:
The House of the Mosque/ Kader Abdolah
The King/ Kader Abdolah
Half of a Yellow Sun/ Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Non-fiction:
Homo Deus/ Youval Noah Harari
ময়ূরকণ্ঠী/ সৈয়দ মুজতবা আলী
Azadi/ Arundhati Roy

Graphic Novel:
Persepolis/ Marjane Satrapi
Book Love/ Debbie Tung
Blankets/ Craig Thompson
Habibi/ Craig Thompson
Maus/ Art Spiegelman

Short-stories:
শ্রেষ্ঠ গল্প/ আবু ইসহাক
Memory Wall/ Anthony Doerr

Novella:
And Every Morning The Way Home Gets Longer And Longer/ Fredrik Backman

Poetry:
বনলতা সেন/ জীবনানন্দ দাশ

Philosophy:
The Prophet/ Kahlil Gibran

Detective:
এবার কাণ্ড কেদারনাথে (ফেলুদা)/ সত্যজিৎ রায়

Biography:
একজন কমলালেবু/ শাহাদুজ্জামান

Memoir:
When Breath Becomes Air/ Paul Kalanithi

I discovered two new writers in this year- Kader Abdolah and Fredrik Backman. I loved their writings! I hope to have another wonderful reading journey in the upcoming year 2021. 
Happy Reading!

Comments

Popular Posts