Astrophysics for People in a Hurry/book review



Book author: Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Physics was my first love. Then life happened. After keeping my marriage to computer science alive, when I got to breathe, I thought of having this affair with Astrophysics, an attractive branch of Physics, I wasn’t that interested in the past because the Astrophysics chapter of school textbook did the job of hiding its beauty so well under theories and formulae, one more incomprehensible than the other.


I was patient to have this book in my hand, a good forty days before it arrived, a light hard-cover that I hugged again and again. I hadn’t started reading, but was already so in love. In the first 1-2 chapters, I was feeling like this book would take much attention to read because those chapters were talking at a quantum level. But I was feeling more glued to the next chapters. And towards the end, it became more interesting than anything I have read for a while.


What amazed me were- pulsars, the theories that govern their finest spherical shape, the views of planet earth from various distances and knowing that I am just a stardust in this universe or multiverse. And I am craving to know more of the expanding discoveries of this expanding universe.


A breathful of air I am taking contains more air molecules than there are breathful of air. This knowledge makes me think, how integral we are. The remnant of past, present, future- all lies inside me, more specifically, to every one of us. Making everything a big ONE.


Very much enjoyed each sip of coffee I had while reading this book. Science is more interesting than any science fiction to me. And we need more and more books like this to comprehend the beauty of it.

Comments

Popular Posts