Everything is OK | a book review



Book author: Debbie Tung

I was following up the upcoming release of my favorite graphic author for quite some time. Was eagerly waiting for September to come last year. Then following a two month long wait, the book reached my hands through my local bookshop. As usual, it was greeted by a loud scream and the beaming face of mine. 


I would like to thank Debbie for writing on mental health and depression, more as a memoir. I had struggled with depression myself,  had walked through the dark pages of depression and gladfully I have reached the colorful pages of my life at this point! This book was a glad retrospection for me.


Debbie talks about her mental health, busyness at work, her constant competition with herself, overthinking etc. Many of those traits matched with mine. I feel like I am still the same. I just learned to accept that I am making progress at my work, at my life. I am still learning to manage time, to be more productive, to eat less potato crisps, he he. But it is okay to overeat my favorite chips sometimes, right? Everything is ok…


Debbie shares her story, how she coped with these, fought back depression and started to learn the simple thing, it is okay. I very much liked to read her journey. It’s very important to just take one little step, to just approach the solution.


Finished the book over a few cups of tea. And found a good place to showcase it, my workspace table! This way I get to turn on the pages when I get tired of work and remind myself,  you are doing okay!



Comments

Popular Posts